Exam time stress...

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ahhhhh it’s that time again. Time to find those reading glasses, those cups to entertain friends with your impressive tea-making skills and unfortunately those text books that double up as a murder weapon.

Believe it or not Exams are here and the only way they can go away is if you write them. So I’m sorry to say that the secret is not going work here guys. Here are some tips to make your studying experience and writing of the exam less painful.


  1. Remember those times when your mum would knock on you room door constantly to check if you’re not dead and that you’re still studying. That knocking was probably the main initiative that made me study for finals last year, if it wasn’t for that knocking I wouldn’t have achieved the way I did. But the knocking is now gone and there’s nothing forcing you to crack open the books. Unless, that is, you are blessed with extraordinary folks who bring you back home for SWOT week. But if you’re not then you’re forced to deal. So my advice is that you be your own mum. Set restrictions on yourself and stick to them Like only be distracted for at least and hour then after the second hour commence with the books.

  2. Make sure you take three pens to the exam venue. These are Uni exams therefore they expect Four 4-paged essays in 3 hours. So take my advice and take the three pens. Or else I’ll be laughing at your ass when you’re high and dry and can’t write your next two essays. It’s happened to me before so I believe I have the right to laugh.

  3. Have a break, Have a Kit Kat. I never understood that slogan but nonetheless take the advice and chill. I good break time activity is to play 30 Seconds with some friends. It sharpens the brain and improves the general knowledge. Who knows it may even help in those essays.

  4. Last but not least have a cup of tea and listen to music after writing an exam. Research suggests that tea and music together are great stress relievers and they calm the mind. Therefore with a calm mind you can get cracking on the next exam.

With this, I wish you first years the best of luck with examinations. May you rape them before they rape you.

0 comments: