So... How was your night ?

Saturday, October 18, 2008

It’s a Saturday and the one question on everybody’s lips is how was your night ? I am deeply fascinating by the responses that seem to come from my fellow first years. Most of them still have the permanent-marker battle wounds and the ink-poisoning Friars stamp on their wrist. They answer my question with suggestive glances and looks and I think to myself now what the hell is that supposed to mean.

But the reason they do it, I gather, is because they can’t remember thanks to the beautiful R25 Cane Train specials that go down at Union. So I ask myself why do these people carry on drinking themselves to a vegetable every weekend? Do they enjoy the blank spots in their mind, the bruises from falling down the stairs at Friars and the embarrassing "licking" pictures of them on Facebook? I tried to think what these people would do for entertainment if there was no alcohol to indulge in for them to their lose their mind over.
1. You could chill with your mates and watch a couple of Monty Python movies on DC. Then order some Ruanthai (the best Thai place in the world). 2. Smoke a hubbly and have fun laughing at your friends trying to blow circles.


3. If you’re one of those unfortunate souls who don’t own friends (like me) then take it easy and read a book. Read some Terry Pratchett and J.K Rowling. They always put me in a happy mood.



4. If you wanna dance then the hi-fi is just there. Just rock out in your socks. No ones judging.


5. Last but least you could do the inevitable thing and waste your time on Facebook. We know that your only true friends lie in that monitor of yours.


With those five points of entertainment I hope you will realise that there are other things to do then drink like a fish every weekend. I know drinking can be fun but OH MY GOSH DON’T YOU EVER GET BORED OF THE ROUTINE?

0 comments: